Globug's Cottage

Discussions on those Wonderful Watkins Products for a healthier you! Lots of yummy receipes, and information about Watkins and their 350+ Products available to you through Woodman's Watkins Products

My Photo
Name:
Location: Weatherford, Texas, United States

I am 63 years old going on sweet sixteen, married to my best friend and life long soul mate. We have 10 children, 20 grandchildren, and 3 great grandchildren. I took a medical retirement from my job and now do online sales full time and enjoy a membership in an elite group called TOASA, selling those wonderful Watkins Products, and hosting a Fibromyalgia Support Message Board. My husband is a retired aerospace engineer. We are finishing up the building our underground home, which will be completely run by Solar and Wind power, working on our numerous classic vehicles that we are restoring, and traveling.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Tip #12

Tip #12
=====

BACKGROUND:
------------

WATKINS ORGANIC CLEANER is one of the best kept secrets in Watkins. It
will clean practically everything! It's the most versatile cleaner
you'll ever use! One could actually only have this one cleaner in their
house as it will clean just about everything. See below.

* It can be used for everything from dishes and tile to windows and
fabrics

* Save money by using one product for a variety of jobs.

* It's concentrated and Economical - A little goes a long, long way.
Makes up to 256 times its volume in cleaning solution.

* Biodegradable: Earth-friendly materials help to preserve our
environment; contains no caustics, harsh acids, butyl glycol ethers or heavy
metals.

* Phosphate-free: Won’t harm our lakes and streams; use of phosphates
in detergents is believed to result in over-fertilization of our lakes;
eventually, the lakes become filled with plants and die.

* Non-flammable: Can be used near hot ovens, toasters, and microwaves
without fear of fire.

* Anti-fogging: The special surfactant blend used helps prevent fog
from forming when used to clean glass surfaces such as windows and
mirrors.

Regarding the word "Organic" in the product's name:
The word "Organic" does not refer to the standard as defined by the
USDA which refers to food only. It also does not mean "natural". The tern
organic refers to the type of stains that the cleaner works best on
such as food, pet waste, etc.
-Dawn (Watkins Inc. staff)

PRICE COMPARISON:
-----------------
There are so many comparisons we could do here, but we'll use the most
popular ways to use organic cleaner to save money.

DISHWASHING LIQUID:
-------------------
Watkins Organic Cleaner PLUS Degreaser (1TBL of each in 32oz. Water =
16 Gallons of dishwashing detergent)

BRAND - RETAIL - WHOLESALE - PER OZ (retail)
Watkins OC/Degreaser 16 Gal - 19.98 - 14.98 - 0.01
Ultra Concentrated Dawn 25oz - 3.99 - N/A - 0.16
Ultra Concentrated Joy 25oz - 2.29 - N/A - 0.09
Ultra Palmolive 25oz - 3.19 - N/A - 0.13

One bottle each (Organic Cleaner and Degreaser) is the same as buying
82 bottles of dishwashing liquids!

How much does 82 bottles of Joy cost? $327.18
How much does 82 bottles of Dawn cost? $187.78
How much does 82 bottles of Joy cost? $261.58
And our Watkins OC/D dishwashing liquid? $19.98

ALL-PURPOSE CLEANER:
-------------------
Watkins Organic Cleaner PLUS Degreaser (1 tsp of each in 32oz. Water =
48 Gallons of All-Purpose Cleaner) (Cut the price in half if you don't
add the degreaser which isn't necessary)

BRAND - RETAIL - WHOLESALE - PER OZ (retail)
Watkins Organic Cleaner 48 Gal - 19.98 - 14.98 - 0.0003
409 All-Purpose Cleaner 32oz - 2.79 - N/A - 0.09
Fantastik Heavy Duty 32oz - 2.89 - N/A - 0.09

One bottle each (Organic Cleaner and Degreaser) is the same as buying
192 bottles of All-Purpose Cleaners!

How much does 192 bottles of 409 cost? $535.68
How much does 192 bottles of Fantastik cost? $554.88
And our Watkins OC/D All-Purpose Cleaner? $19.98

USAGE:
----
Very important tip: This is a CONCENTRATED cleaner meant to be mixed
with water! Don't try to use it straight from the bottle!

-----
If you happen to run out of Watkins Laundry Detergent and need to do
laundry, use 1/4 cup of Organic Cleaner per load until your order of
Laundry Detergent arrives.

-----
Using Pump Dispenser (Article #06271), put about a teaspoon of Organic
Cleaner in a Spray Bottle (Article #06257), and fill with water for use
with Trigger Sprayer (Article #06258) as an all-purpose cleaner.

-----
Add 1 TBsp of Organic Cleaner and 1 TBsp of Degreaser to 32oz of water
for a great dishwashing soap. If you like a scent, add a dash of lemon
or other Watkins extract to it. If you or your spouse insist that there
must be tons of suds to be cleaning, you can make it 2 TBsps of each,
but you don't need that much to clean the dishes!

-----
A summer tip - add a few drops to your windshield washer fluid, to help
keep you windsheild free of bugs and road film.
While you're at it you can wash your whole car with Orangic Cleaner and
get a clean, shiny, film free car. Won't hurt your lawn either.

-----
The Organic Cleaner is perfect for RV travel or camping out. You don't
want to pack up all sorts of cleaners to go with you - the Organic
Cleaner will take care of all the cleaning jobs you may have, from cleaning
your RV = inside, outside and engine, to laundry, to showering and
shampoo.

-----
We have 3 dogs and 3 cats- all indoor animals! Not to mention the
constant stream of teenagers in and out of here-another kind of animal
entirely! I would go broke buying the expensive rug shampoos!
I use this mixture with my steam cleaner. 2 TBL(about 2
squirts)-Organic Cleaner, 1 TBL (1 squirt) of Degreaser and a shot or two of Pet odor
eliminator in the reservior tank. It works wonderfully in VERY hot
water.
The carpet smells wonderful afterwards and is soft to the touch when
dried.
I've used the same ratio minus the degreaser on a Wool Oriental rug in
a moment of "puppy" desperation and all turned out well.
- Cathy T

-----
I use Watkins Organic Cleaner for just about everything...dishes,
laundry & fine washables, and even outdoors on the lawn. I can’t say how
wonderful it is in every way.
- Erna E

-----
I add 1 TBsp Organic Cleaner to 1 gallon water to help jump start my
plants. I have used Organic Cleaner for plants, trees and to water the
lawn. Plants seem to grow greener and faster, and it helps to kill bugs.

-----
After I am done painting houses, workers come in to put on trim and
baseboards. The air guns leave black grease marks on the wall and Watkins
Organic Cleaner takes the grease spots right off.
- Kathryn H

-----
My "screaming to be cleaned" carpet got spot cleaned this weekend with
the organic cleaner. I diluted about a tablespoon of cleaner to about 5
cups of very hot water. Using a sponge, I scrubbed some very set in
stains and they just vanished!
I'm embarrassed to say that I had rearranged my furniture to cover up a
blob of ground in silly putty. It's been in the carpet for probably two
years. The very first thing I used to get it out was ice...thinking
that if I got it hard enough I could peel/pick it out of the carpet.
Didn't work...as did all of the other cleaners I tried...and there have been
quite a few. I put two full strength drop of the organic cleaner
directly on the putty, scrubbed with my hot sponge and the ground in silly
putty is GONE! Just like that!
- Jody W

-----
A few weeks ago, I was doing the laundry and came across a white shirt
of my son's that he had spilled red koolaid on. I looked around the
laundry room trying to figure out what I could use (because I know that in
the past I have not been able to get the stain completely out). Then I
remembered the organic cleaner. I put some directly on the stain and it
came out completely. Then the week after that I had some stains on a
pair of jeans (source unknown). I had already washed and dried them when
I noticed it. So I washed them again with organic
cleaner......WOW!!!...all the stains gone. I then pulled out my old dirty white tennis
shoes.......again.....WOW!WOW!WOW!.......clean as could be. I will never
again be without Watkins organic cleaner. No more buying seperate spot
remover and tennis shoe cleaner and floor cleaner and bathroom
cleaner......IT DOES IT ALL!!! I can't wait to see what else it will clean. Thanks
Watkins.
Sandy V

-----
I just used the organic cleaner deluted in a spray bottle on my shower.
I didn't even know I had soap scum! My shower doors have never sparkled
so much. Great product!
Cheryl O

-----
I have tried everything in the stores to clean my windows. All have
left streaks, films, grim, whatever was there really never left. Enter
Watkins Organic Cleaner. This is an awsome product. I mixed just a little
squirt in one of the spray bottles with water. WOW what a difference. I
have 7 sliding glass doors they are blinding me. No streaks! at all. I
will never use anything else again.
I also use it on my floors, dishes, laundry, where ever I need to
clean. I have also used it on my oak cabinets.
I can't say enough about this fabulous product.
-Kim S

-----
A year or so ago we needed a new washing machine. My son and I were
carrying the old one out of the laundry room and, since I wasn't wearing
gloves but should have been, I had to set the machine down quickly. I
had no idea how greasy it was under there and we set it down on the
carpet.
When we picked it up again, I couldn't believe the grease spot that was
left on the carpet! Yikes! My son and I both said, "Uh oh!" at the same
time. Right after that, I got out our rug cleaner machine and went over
the spot. It helped but was still very noticeable. We put a rug over it
and it's been there ever since.
Recently my wife decided to rent a Rug Doctor. She went over the spot
with the Rug Doctor and it didn't come up. She then thought of the
Watkins Organic Cleaner and sprayed the spot and then put some of the
Organic Cleaner into the Rug Doctor.
You guessed it...the spot is GONE!
- Scott E

-----
1 cup OC, and several drops of Essential Oil, to make a wonderful
bubble bath!
- Evelyn L

-----
I absolutely love the Organic Cleaner, it works so well to mop my
floors.......they get brighter everytime I use it. It is removing the old
grimy, dingy, buildup left by other products I used for 9 years!
- Tracy R

-----

============

Don't be encumbered by history, go out and create something wonderful.
- Bob Noyse, Founder of InTel

------------------
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug
Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or
prevent any disease. In Canada, this information is provided for educational
purposes only. No claims are being made for any product.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home