Globug's Cottage

Discussions on those Wonderful Watkins Products for a healthier you! Lots of yummy receipes, and information about Watkins and their 350+ Products available to you through Woodman's Watkins Products

My Photo
Name:
Location: Weatherford, Texas, United States

I am 63 years old going on sweet sixteen, married to my best friend and life long soul mate. We have 10 children, 20 grandchildren, and 3 great grandchildren. I took a medical retirement from my job and now do online sales full time and enjoy a membership in an elite group called TOASA, selling those wonderful Watkins Products, and hosting a Fibromyalgia Support Message Board. My husband is a retired aerospace engineer. We are finishing up the building our underground home, which will be completely run by Solar and Wind power, working on our numerous classic vehicles that we are restoring, and traveling.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Watkins Man

My family has used Watkins Products since I was a child. I remember Mama always kept a list ready for The Watkins Man. That was just about the most important list in the house and was almost holy.

I grew up out in the country where life was simple, people respected each other, and there was always help and friendship just down the road a ways. We had a pretty good patch of land that my Daddy farmed, back when farmers could make a good living from the ground. But we didn't often see many folks unless we went to town, usually on Sundays to go to Church.

The Watkins Man always came to see us on the 3rd Friday of every month. That date was written on the calendar as far back as I can remember. And that day was a special one because he always stayed for supper and visited with Daddy on the porch while Mama cooked. I was the oldest so I always got to sit right next to The Watkins Man at the table and thumbed my nose at my too younger siblings.


After supper we would all sit around the living room while The Watkins Man laid out his wares like his tonics, salves, and vanilla so Mama could pick out all the things she needed, and he would share new things with us. Oh the wonderful smells! He always seemed to have exactly what we needed, and I always wondered as a child how he knew just what to bring!

The first thing Mama would do after The Watkins Man left was to brew up some wonderful Cocoa from the dry Cocoa that he left. She'd stir in some sugar, and a little water while heating it on the stove, then add milk right at the last. It was a cup of heaven to a sleepy little girl.

Even today, any time I smell Watkins Pure Cocoa it takes me back to my childhood, and memories of The Watkins Man.

Watkins Associate ID 365116

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home